Sat, Jun 06|
MTFI Regional Training Center
Kinetic Combat Pistol
Taught by David S. Jenkins
Time & Location
Jun 06, 2020, 9:00 AM – Jun 07, 2020, 5:00 PM
MTFI Regional Training Center, 112 W Farm Rd, Three Forks, MT 59752, USA
About the Course
Required Equipment: For this class, you will need the following items:
- A quality handgun (a spare is not a bad idea)
- A quality duty or concealment holster
- Three magazines with pouches or two speed-loaders (revolver use) with pouches
- Belt designed to support gear
- 800 rounds MINIMUM
- Eye and ear protection
- Billed cap
- Clothing for weather conditions
- Water for hydration
- A folding or camp chair is recommended
- A concealing garment is recommended and required for CONCEALED PISTOL.
- Personal First Aid Kit (PFAK)
- Any personal gear you prefer.
Prerequisites for this course:
- You must be fully familiar with the operation of your handgun. This includes: Loading, unloading, mechanical safety use/disengagement, holstering and unholstering, reloading (slidelock, tactical, etc) and stoppage clearing.
- You must be able to demonstrate safe handling at all times. Any unsafe handling could result in removal from the course and range property.
- You must be able to physically move forward, rearward, left, and right without difficulty.
- Above all, be ready to learn, find new ways to achieve a goal, get pushed to your envelope to learn more, and have fun!
The purpose of fighting is to win, not just remain in existence or survive – but to prevail! Nothing else is acceptable!
This course takes the handgun from a sporting, plinking, or recreational implement, to a tool of combat- to be ready and willing to fight if avoidance and evasion fail.
This course is for the shooter who has a solid base of essential skills but now must learn how to use them in the pandemonium of armed conflict. It will focus on “movement with purpose” as history has shown combatants seldom stand still when under fire. Movement is more than just short lateral steps as many demonstrate, it is moving explosively and dynamically, planting quickly and shooting accurately to stop the threat. Lateral, diagonal, forward and rearward movement will be demonstrated and drilled. Disengagement and movement in an around innocent people, who are there by happenstance alone, will be emphasized.
Strong emphasis will also be placed on being able to stop quickly, shoot accurately and instantly move again. This is a physical course of instruction, but one that will help you PREVAIL in a pistol fight.